Friday, September 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Omelet

Few weeks back, I was cleaning out my cupboard of old scratched teflon pans.  Since my boys somehow love to play 'cooking', I decided to give them for the boys to play with, along with some old kitchen utensils.  They would imagine cooking all sort of things from ball, trucks, and sharks, then serve it to each other.

A few days ago, Malakai asked if he could help me cook lunch.
Not actually knowing what I was going to cook anyway, I agreed to his request.

"What are we having for lunch today?" I asked him.
"Omelet," he said, "my brothers and I like eggs".
Sounds good, I gave him a few eggs to crack into the bowl and he whisked it.
I added some milk to it, and he said, "Mum, I need some peanut butter."
"For what?"
"To put in here, so it taste yum...!"

I was tossing up whether I should agree to it or not,
and decided to let him experiment as I also have put silly ingredients into my cooking making things inedible.
Malakai promise to eat the results, if he keeps it, I am happy.


As it turns out, even his brothers enjoyed it and licked the plate.
Peanut butter omelet....? *eugh.*
I skipped lunch that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment