Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Favorite spot in Melbourne



It was a hot day, after a smooth dealing with the immigration department in the morning; I was in high spirits and in the mood for outdoors. Driving around the streets of Melbourne, we have somehow made our way into the Melbourne Zoo. With the blazing sun stinging at our skins and the toddlers whining for a nap, at first it seems to be an unwise decision. Then we discovered the Penguin and Seals enclosure. It is indoors, darkened, decorated with beautiful lighting effects, and blissfully air-conditioned. I found a spot on the bench just after the ramps. The toddlers are quietly asleep in their stroller behind me. There I sat for over an hour looking into a massive aquarium glass pane where the seals are kept. The water filtered sunlight danced on the seal’s body as they moved effortlessly in the water. It was beautiful, serene, mesmerizing and inspiring.

I remembered watching my mum when I was a little girl. She used to sit down in front of our self-made aquarium at home for hours. She would smile while watching her tiny fishes swimming about, sometimes she talks to them, and also talks to the plants in the aquarium as well. I thought she was peculiar when she explained her calm feeling watching this creatures move about. Now I am here doing the same thing. I certainly can’t wait to bring her here.

I can come back here any day. It is now my favorite spot in Melbourne. The benches near the ramps at the Seal’s enclosure. Yeay! Glad to be a FOTZ member!

No comments:

Post a Comment