Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Graphic Design

Missing my Creative juice...

A year ago, when Malakai was just 2 years old and joined a local playgroup, I was dumbstruck when I found that I felt quite exasperated, when I could not get my son to be interested in a paint brush. How could he be content just by dabbing a little dot on the big sheet of paper and think he’s done?! At his age, I was surely doing a lot more than that.

Do I dare to call myself a graphic designer, a web designer, or an artist anymore. They were once a title given to me, a job description, and even something I do in my spare time, something I loved… a long time ago. When was the last time I held a sketch pad? I can’t even remember anymore. Funny, ever since I was a little girl right up to Uni, all I wanted to do was draw, doddle, decorate, and make craftworks. I make my own colouring pages when I was little, made dolls for my little brother when he was little, and I knew how sew my own clothes and dresses at high school. Whatever happened to that person?

I has been a very long time since I feel the thrill of designing. I am a bit rusty, no doubt about that, but I am proud of myself to pull these out of Photoshop. What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment