Sunday, June 6, 2010

Holiday Weight Loss

I am quite troubled learning that my children have lost 1kg each during our three weeks visit to our family overseas (while my husband gains 3kgs!).  At this age and stage of their lives, gaining 1kg may take a year.  They are at their fussiest stage of eating and each of my children has different food preferences, and most days it feels like they are not eating anything.

Thinking about it, I am sure I knew this is coming.  Hot weather never does much good to my kid’s appetite level, let alone the many distractions and the many adults ready to jump hoops to entertain the kids during meal times.  

This year, I have learnt to relax about weight gain and the quality of the food consumed, as stressing over these things clearly doesn’t help their appetite levels anyway.  By having twins, I have to learnt to let go, take up any help offered by anyone I know- so by doing that, I also had to learn to let the kids (and the adults) have a break and do what they wish to do together so I can have a break. 

We don’t get to meet with the bigger family circle very often.  I don’t even know when the children will get to spend time with their aunts, uncles and grannies again.  The struggles ahead to re-gain that lost kilo and catch up to the desired weight level….I am sure it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment