Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dig It Up

I have a lot on my mind. Something is bugging me. I can not expect anyone else to do resolve my issues, I need to do something about my own situation. I need to tend to my own inner garden…which seems to be in a mess.

I love my kids, and spending time with them. But years on, I really do enjoy the times when I do not have them around, when I can just lay back with a motivating, spiritually lifting book. When I have time to look through a design magazine and marvel of how did they create something like that. Half of the programs designers use now, I have never seen before. The softwares I use to be familiar with are at least ten versions outdated.

I love being just a mom, but now, it isn’t enough for me.

I need to start thinking about digging back the skills and talent I buried when I traded my career for motherhood. I will not flip around 180 degrees and trade back motherhood for a career re-launch, but perhaps find a middle ground, where I still be with my kids and do the things with them that only I can make impact with, yet also make the time to develop myself. Some friends think that I am good with children and suggested to make them as part of my career: get a certificate in Children Services or work in the education sector. I don’t think that I am that good with kids; being able to work with them is a requirement to fill my responsibility now that I am a parent.

Instead I am going to start digging into my past. Brush the rust off. Perhaps there is still something worth digging for.

No comments:

Post a Comment