Friday, August 27, 2010

Graphic Design: Japanese Lunch Pack Menu

House of Sam Japanese Lunch Pack Menu new design.

Two weeks ago I got a surprise and pleasant visit from someone who gave me my first job when I decided to migrate to Australia.  I used to work in his Japanese restaurant at St. Kilda beach as a waitress when I looking for a full-time job.  I have worked for and alongside many generous and extremely kind bosses; however, Ito San was like a dad when I was away from home.  I designed a few things for his restaurant back then; but just before I left, I designed menu-flyers for his School-Japanese-Lunch-pack catering service.

Ito San imparting wisdom to Ethan.
After a great time introducing him to my brood and catching up, I have found out that he have sold his restaurant, but continued on with the catering service.  I am surprised to see that his menu-flyers are still the same one I designed for him.   I was delighted that he was still using it, but it is such an outdated design!  I offered my services to update the design to reflect the changes in his business as I stare in disbelief at the 7-years-old design.

Project details:
  • Primary School Japanese Lunch Pack Menu, and
  • Secondary School Japanese Lunch Pack Menu. In:
    • A4 Promo Flyer that also serves as a menu, Single sided, Full colour

No comments:

Post a Comment