Sunday, August 15, 2010

Three is a crowd...

I really had almost had it when I was just trying to cook and Ethan, one of my twins, would just would not stop clinging to my legs and crying for his dear life for no apparent reason.  I glance over to see my 3 year old, Malakai, happily playing with his blocks by himself.  Niel sitting nearby watching his big brother trying to build a tower of blocks.  Should I or shouldn't I?  I would probably be even more frustrated if I call out to Malakai and he responds with protest.  Oh well, what have got to lose...?

"Malakaiiii....! Can you please please get Ethan? I can not cook if he is here crying!" I yelled out.

To my surprise, Malakai got up, ran to the kitchen and said, "Come on, Ethan, let's play blocks!" as he reach out and took the crying Ethan by the hand.  Ethan did stop crying and ran after his big brother.

I stood there, feeling so touched.   Oh, Malakai, I could have more of you,...maybe ... two more?

The thought, ofcourse, vanished after the boys spent 5 minutes playing together and all three cries in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment