Monday, August 23, 2010

When I was a very small boy...


My almost 4 years old son, Malakai, was sitting by the kitchen bench while I was chopping vegetables, he has his his cup of warm milk in his hands and dazing towards his twin brothers playing. 
He then made a statement: “When I was a very small boy, I was also very-very cute, yea…

Poor thing!  As he is, he is still a small boy. 
When he behaves as expected, he can be the cutest, most adorable little being. 

However nowadays, comments would be made on how adorable and cute Ethan and Niel are, leaving the big brother out.   Worse still, sometimes I would tell him that it is because he is not “being smart”, or being too shy, hiding, sulking, or not answering when asked.   If one of his brothers cries or an item is broken in the house, Malakai would be the first suspect of being the guilty party, and I would interrogate him for confession like a cop.

Over time, I can see how insecure he is of himself and of his ability to deal with situations.  I am definitely guilty of not putting enough effort to praise and encourage my oldest son who is in desperate need of a confident boost. 

I really need to work on my patience and consciously change my speech and attitude towards my kids,  I love them to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment