Saturday, July 3, 2010

Camera Block


Since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated by cameras.  I would go through my Grandfather's belongings and beg to give his cameras to me, this became my first camera.  It was pocket sized, really heavy as it was an old style film camera that does direct exposure to only half of a 35mm film.   I carried this everywhere I go taking pictures of everything.

In Uni, I was introduced to my very first SLR camera.  It was fully manual film SLR and I absolutely love the results.  Coupled with graphic design skills and digital photo editing software, my option felt endless.

I still carry a pocket digital camera everywhere.  I’d even leave it on my kitchen bench for those unpredictable photo moments happening while I am cooking.  I would also have my mobile phone camera within reach to take videos and photos to email my family overseas straight away.

I take so many pictures that my son thinks that taking photos of everything all the time is normal.  Today, I caught him walking around with his blocks built into an SLR camera.  He made the lenses and trigger button, and tell his brothers not to touch the “lenses”.  He even produced a fairly accurate shutter sound by mouth.  Fascinating…!

No comments:

Post a Comment