Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Call Flip Pan


Another kitchen gear that I find is always on my stove top is my jumbo "Happy Call" flip pan (yes, my pressure cooker pot is also one of my top 3 most used pot).  My mother brought it for me from overseas and thought that I would make good use of it as it also cooks using pressure, but the main difference with the pressure cooker pot, is that the flip pan can cook without much liquid in the pan.  Vegetables are cooked in its own water or with just a couple tablespoons of liquid. 

Within a few weeks of experimenting with the flip pan, I have learnt dishes that are normally baked, grilled, or roasted such as roast potatoes, roast veggies, grilled fishes can be done perfectly in minutes without mess.  Roast chicken works very well in the flip pan, I can use store bought marinades for speedier dishes.  Dishes like Indonesian style deep fried chicken is done with just two tablespoon of oil, producing chicken with crisp skin while the flesh is tender and moist.  Healthier alternative to deep fried dishes, without the splashing oil too!   Pancakes cook very well, and the whole recipe would fit in the pan, producing a giant pancake which just needs slicing for the kids.  Baking a cake, yes, a cake can be done in this stove top pan too! I tried using a store bought chocolate cake mix, and it bakes well producing a wide-short rectangular cake.   Sure, short-rectangular cakes don’t look too great for presentation, but it taste just as good as oven baked, and saves energy as does not need pre-heating (like in the oven).  I fell in love with my flip pan.

There is no particular recipes special for this pan, you can use your usual family recipe, but will need to experiment with the timing and how big/small the fire should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment