Wednesday, May 5, 2010

About Blogging

When I was a little girl, I have always kept a diary until half-way into Uni.  I would write about anything, from movies that I saw, the dreams I remembered from the night before, to silly crushes I would have for boys who knows have a band, have long hair, races motorbikes, or can speed drive cars through traffic.  I had many interests and hobbies then, from drawing, sewing, teaching Sunday School, movies and animation, I would memorise phrases from the cartoons I watched. 

Then I grew up.  Journaling seems more of a handicap, as it documents information about myself that I may not want others to know about me.  But I have a very soft spot for my memories, embarrassing as they were, and still keep all the diaries I wrote from when I was 9 years old.  I have vowed to burn them the next time I go to mother’s house (hopefully soon!).

Now blogging comes along, and I loved the idea of getting back to put my thoughts down.  Worst than diaries, this is published to the net and is public.  Yet, I have been using my complete full name.  How silly of me.  I will certainly fix this, as I have just realize this now.

Then there is blogging, and there is good blogging.  One that is informative, gets traffics from visitors, and even ones that makes money.  There is certainly an art of writing good blogs, which I am not quite there yet.  In the past year, I have created three different blog sites for different purposes, but the others are not working out too well. 

I enjoyed this one the most, as this is my personal-journey blog.  When all is asleep, I would try to spend some time researching the net or blogging to unwind (I should also fit in time to finish my studies, but that is certainly not to unwind).  So I apologise for jumping all over the place with my blogging topics.
It takes a while for a new blogger to get a hang of where they want the blogs to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment