Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bukit Sion Playgroup

Amazing 3 year olds...
During our visit, we are very privileged to be able to take Malakai to attend a week of playgroup run by a  National Plus school called Bukit Sion in Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta.

We find the two and a half hours a day, five days a week playgroup was excellent.  The teachers are well versed and delivered instructions to the children in English.   The programs were well prepared to keep 3 year olds busy, interested, and develop their various skills.  The children who had been attending the program from the start of the school year are very engaged in the activities and I was amazed to witness three year olds recite prayers, songs, and dance routine.   They have a small indoor playcentre area for the kids to play in during their day, and once a week, they have swimming session at the school’s undercover pool.   Even more amazing was seeing the 3 years old children recite, trace and write letters of the alphabet!

There I was, accompanying with my son in the classroom as he tries to settle into this new learning environment.   I shrunk in awe watching all this amazing studying process around me, so much a child could accomplish at 3 years old if given the training.   A week ago, I was so proud with my homeschooling methods for my son, and now I realise that I have achieved very little compared to this standard. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment