Saturday, May 1, 2010

Distance Learning

Back to School

I opened my e-mail-box few days ago to find a ‘gentle reminder that my assignments are due’ sent from my Student Adviser.
I have a Student Adviser? Apparently I do. Few months back, six months back to be exact, I have enrolled myself to a distance-learning program. I am not so sure if it was such a good decision, as if I do not have enough on my plate!
Yeah, but I am a nerd at heart.
Another year… or two… or four if I am very distracted, of studying and assignment nights wouldn’t hurt anyone much would it?

I do not know what had gotten into me at that time, I wanted to learn something new.
As always, predictable me: I choose something new, something not me, something that I have no previous interest in.
I started out getting a degree in Graphic Design, and then I went on to get another one in IT - which is so different to my artsy-nature. I sometimes think IT killed the creative in me.
So this time, I am getting my teeth into a bit of bookkeeping and MYOB.
Everybody could always use some knowledge in bookkeeping right?

So here I am, after six months into the course, handing in my very first basic bookkeeping essay assignment. One down. Eleven more to go!
Who knows, it may be my prep to get me back to work later, or even start my own business! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment